deva kanya X sharon brunsher
Serving Brass Tray
Handmade brass plate
Content + Care
Brass | Handle with care | Do not put in microwave or dishwasher
Size + Fit
Height 4cm, Diameter 39cm
Metal Utensils are popular since ancient times. Copper, Brass and bronze utensils are known to have ayurvedic importance. According to Ayurveda these metals are a great cure for several diseases like anaemia, diarrhea, inflammation, etc. Hence even today it is a common practice to use Brass and copper utensils. Brass is used for cooking, serving and eating food from it and even storing water for drinking.
Brass is an alloy that is yellow in colour and it is a mixture of two metals: Copper and Zinc. It Comprises of 70% Copper and 30% Zinc.
Copper and zinc have their own properties that fight to cure certain diseases in human body and Brass is a good source to acquire the benefits of both these metals.
1. Brass Produces melanin for healthy hair and skin
2. Drinking water stored in Brass vessel Increases strength and immunity
3. Eating food from a brass vessel Prevents abdominal infections
4. When food is cooked in a brass utensils natural oil gets released that adds unique flavours and taste to the food.
5. As zinc is present in Brass, it helps Purifies the blood
6. Zinc is also known to Sharpen the memory of your brain hence consuming water or food from a brass vessel sharpens the memory.
7. Consuming food or water from a brass vessel helps in curing respiratory diseases like cough and asthma.
Brass is a mixture of copper and zinc metals. So after a period of time Brass reacts with open air or oxygen and generally gets oxidized or tarnishes and might turn black or green. Here are some ways that might help you to maintain Brass products well:
Vinegar with a combination of Salt can be applied and cleaned or otherwise the brass product that is to be cleaned can be immersed in a solution of Vinegar and salt in boiling water. Lemon and salt mixed together can be rubbed to clean the product and salt can also be replaced with Baking Soda.